Monday, September 3, 2012

He never failed me yet!

People keep asking me "How things are going?" and "What's next?".  I can answer the first one, but I cannot answer the second.

Currently things are going great!  I am teaching three classes at Appalachian State University on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I love this job!  The people I work with are caring, supportive, fun, and laid-back.  The facilities, resources, and technology are top-notch.  And I am doing something I love: teaching Spanish.  I am also teaching one Spanish class at Montreat college, once a week on Tuesday evenings, and one weekly Spanish class to high school home-schoolers beginning next Monday.  I have a job, I do what I love, and I am still home with Juliet all but two days of the week.  Amazing.

So I like to think back to this very time last year.  I was VERY pregnant and praying and praying that God would provide a job that would somehow work with finishing school and being a new, single-mom.  I could not see how that would be possible, or at least "good".  But he did.  In his time he faithfully provided.  And it is so much better than what I could have imagined for myself.  I even have more work now than I really would like to have :)  He was oh, so faithful, even in the details.

Juliet will be turning one this month.  Crazy, I know.  A lot has happened in this last year and a lot has changed, but God's faithfulness has remained steady and has radiated in my life.

What's next?  I have no idea, and I am perfectly okay with that.  He's never failed me yet.  The ways in which he has guided, provided, and taught me in the last year make me long to stay in a place of true dependance on him.  Yes, "not knowing" is often very hard, and yes, I am diligently pursing options for life after this semester, but I am able to rest in the unknown knowing that he has never failed me yet.  So, I don't know what is next, but I can't wait to see!

Two hymns that have rang very true in my life this past year...

He Never Failed Me Yet
Trust and never doubt
Jesus will surely bring you out
He never failed me yet

I will sing of God's mercy
Every day every hour
He gives me power
I will sing And give thanks to Thee
For all the dangers, toils & snares
That He has brought me out

He is my God And I'll serve Him
No matter what the test

Trust and never doubt
Jesus will surely bring you out
He never failed me yet

I know God is able
To deliver in time of storm
I know that He'll keep you
Safe from all earthly harm

One day when my weary soul is at rest
I'm going home to be forever blessed

Great is Thy Faithfulness
"Great is Thy faithfulness," O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.

    "Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
      Morning by morning new mercies I see;
    All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
        "Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

No comments:

Post a Comment