Friday, August 30, 2013

New Seasons

There have been some changes in the Krishnan household this week...  Some good, some ok, and some just because that's the way things are!

Micah ended the classroom portion of his ER course and has transitioned to clinicals.   This means he no longer goes to class Monday-Friday from 8-5pm.  This is good!  He now works in the actual ER on Mondays-Thursdays.  He has 9 weeks of clinicals.  The first five weeks or so he will work "nights" (which is what he is doing now).  So he works from 3-11pm.  The second half of clinicals he will work 7am-3pm.  He does have some homework to go along with clinicals that he has to do during the week and submit daily, but he has 3 day weekends!!!!  This is very good! His current plan is to stay after work and get his homework done before coming home, so last night he didn't get home until 3:30am...This is not good.  Hopefully after a week or so, once he is more familiar with the expectations, he will become more efficient and be home by 2 am...which is better!

Juliet continues to go to her preschool two days a week.  However, she now stays there for her afternoon nap.  This is ok.  Previously, I was picking her up at noon and bringing her home to take her nap so she would sleep better, even though we were paying for her to be there until 2pm.  But when I picked her up early, even though she was taking a little longer of a nap at home, she was missing some of the afternoon activities at preschool. This was not good.  Another main reason to leave her the whole time (even though I almost cried the first day I did) was so that Micah and I could have those mornings to hang out by ourselves (since he is on night shift).  This is very good!  So, this has been a good transition and only challenging for me and my mama's heart having to leave Juliet at preschool longer.  Thankfully, she seems to love it and she has the best teachers ever!!  She also actually naps well there, which also makes me feel better about leaving her.  These are all very good.

Juliet Isabel and her teachers Sra. Silvia and Sra. Pilar!
I have not had too many changes in this new season.  Mainly just adjusting to having Micah work nights and all the changes that have come with it.  I now have all this alone time in the evenings when he is gone and Juliet is asleep.  Call if you want ;)  Recently I have seemed to have more things on my plate.  This is very good.  I have had several get-togethers with two other moms from church who both have 22 month-old girls.  Plus, fall activities with church have started up and that means a few more ways to get involved.  This is very good.  So, as we head into the new season of fall I feel more and more "settled" here in Texas with each passing week.  This is good!

And the final new season is the season of fall that is rapidly approaching us.  Despite the calendar it still feels like summer down here, so any of you who are sad for the new season's arrival, come and visit us!!! Our outdoor pool is open ALL year.  I'm not kidding.  I asked.  This is just the way things are in Texas, I suppose?!

No comments:

Post a Comment