Friday, September 19, 2014

Juliet Isabel turns 3!!!!

My sweet Juliet turns three today!  Of course if feels like time has flown by, but at the same time I feel like it's hard to even remember her as  a baby.  I almost feel like she has already been three for a while.  Over the past year Juliet has grown-up so much.  Her speech has truly gone from short phrases to full-blown conversations.  She amazes me by the depth of her vocabulary and how much she really understands.

She weighs an average 30lbs and stands about 36 inches tall.  Her favorite foods are pizza and anything sweet.  She has decided napping is no longer for her (unless you want her to stay up until 11pm) but she does a great time of playing quietly by herself in her room for an hour each day.  I usually catch her playing babies or reading to herself during that time.

And speaking of babies, she is the best little three-year-old mama.  All her babies are regularly diapered, fed, disciplined, and put to bed.  She is a great cook in her little kitchen and also enjoys playing with animals (stuffed or real).  I have no doubt she will be an amazing big sister.  I'm even convinced she is ready to change baby brother's diapers.  She loves to hug baby brother and rub my stomach and she always talks about different things he will be able to do with her or play with in our house.  To say she is excited is an understatement!

Juliet is very opinionated, very inquisitive, and also very sweet.  She likes to understand everything, and I am SO thankful for this special one-on-one season we have had to just get to process life together with no distractions.  She is definitely a mama's girl and follows me around the house just to be with me ALL DAY LONG.  She also just loves me to sit and hold her; she loves to cuddle. She also loves her friends and loves, loves having play dates with them.  When together they mostly play babies or dress-up.  Juliet really is ALL GIRL.

While Juliet is out-going and talkative at home, she is usually pretty shy in public and not daring when it comes to new things.  I was most proud of her for riding her first roller-coaster about a month ago and love watching her become braver and braver.

She is very sensitive both to her own feelings and those of others and while I would consider her a pretty "easy" child she is definitely an emotional one.   It's not hard to make her cry which can sometimes be tricky, but as she is learning to channel her emotions I love seeing her awareness of the emotions of others and how she is learning to be sensitive and tender toward their feelings.

I love my sweet Juliet Isabel so much and I am so thankful for all the things I am learning as I grow as her parent.  I am also thankful that she is forgiving and loving even when I am a very imperfect parent.  She is my sweet girl and life without her would be far from great!

No comments:

Post a Comment