Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blessings upon blessings

I think about where I was this time last year (about to come home from Mexico) and I could not have even begun to image where I am now, a year later.  There were some rough months, but God has be so very faithful to me, to answer my prayers "far more abundantly that I could ever ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20), and to show me grace in so many areas of my life.  Last summer I was praying so much for the right job, and God was merciful in not giving me the "right" job then.  Had I had a job (plus a new born baby, plus two graduate classes) I would have been much more of a wreck than I already was.  Then He provided in His perfect timing, the perfect job for me in January, when I was a little more, um, stable.  I was able to work only two days a week, take two graduate classes, teach Spanish (which is what my degree is in), and still be a stay-at-home mom to Juliet.  Can it get much better than that??  Um, yes, it can!... 

Appalachian State asked me to return again in the Fall for another semester.  They are giving me three classes to teach (instead of just one), the three classes are scheduled back to back on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I can keep my same schedule and still stay home with Juliet, AND I will be taking my final graduate class this summer as an independent study with one of my professors (ALL on-line) so that I can graduate in August.  The last class that I need is not offered until the Fall semester, but they arranged this summer study for me so that I could 1.) graduate sooner and not be taking a class while teaching three classes in the Fall, and 2.) graduate with my Masters so that they can pay me as an Instructor, instead of a graduate student!

Having my incredible Fall job situation lined-up is a blessing in and of itself, but God also blessed me with awesome work to do over the summer!  I needed to work some, but I didn't really expect to get any work in my field.  My sweet friend Caroline put in my name at Earth Fare and they hired me to teach two Spanish classes to their employees two nights a week for eight weeks, and I will also be teaching one six-week Spanish course to some home schoolers in Asheville. 

Even before leaving Mexico I was praying for a job in my field of study that also allowed me to still stay home mostly with Juliet, and finish school.  God answered my prayer in a way far better than I could have even asked or ever imagined!

1 comment: