Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Little Girl

Dear Juliet,

I was just thinking the other night about the day I finally found out you if you were a boy or a girl.  I think it was one of happiest days of my life, or at least one of the best of 2011!  It was like my fifth ultrasound (they are rather inexpensive in Mexico!) and the ultrasound technician was telling me all about everything we were seeing on the screen, EXCEPT the gender.  I was SO nervous I could not listen to him.  My heart was beating so fast.  I just knew you were going to be a little boy, simply because I so badly wanted a little girl.

I always wanted a little boy for my firstborn.  I always liked having an older brother and I wanted that dynamic for my family as well, but our situation was different.  I knew if I only ever had one child I so badly wanted a little girl.  I spent some much time praying that you would be a girl, but I was so afraid that you would be a boy that I changed my prayers and begin praying instead that God would change my heart to be happy with a little boy.  (I am a total pessimist and I always try and prepare for the "let down"!)  There were so many cute little girl dresses in Mexico that I wanted to buy but I refused to buy them until I knew your gender because I was afraid I would "jinx" my chances. 

When the ultrasound technician finally was going to tell me your gender, he told me to look up at the screen that it was very obvious.  He said, "Que piensas? Nino o nina?" (What do you think? Boy or girl?) and I immediately said, "Es un nino, verdad?" (It's a boy, isn't it?).  I was too nervous to really even look at the screen.  And then he told me you were a LITTLE GIRL!!!  That was a precious moment for me.  I was SO excited!  It was really the first time I had actually been excited about being pregnant.  I could just image all the fun bows we could put in your hair and all the cute skirts you would dance around the house in. 

You truly are an answer to prayer.  One of my favorite prayers that God has ever answered was a prayer for a little girl.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment