Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas

Christmas this year didn't "feel" quite like Christmas for several reasons.  For one, I didn't see any extended family. Two, Micah had to work Christmas Eve and then two days after Christmas so the whole week just seemed like our regular routine.  And, three, it was sunny and like 60 degrees outside.  Weird.  Thankfully, as I was reminded by our pastor, Jesus makes Christmas happen.  Christmas does not happen because of how we feel, what we do, what we eat, the present we buy, etc.  Christmas happens because Jesus was born!  

Anyways, despite the "non-normal" Christmas, we did participate in some lovely activities.  Juliet and I had Christmas Eve dinner with some good friends (by way of Micah's work).   Christmas morning the three of us opened presents and made/ate Cinnamon Rolls.  Then we all had Christmas dinner with some of Micah's co-workers and families. 

Oh, and a few night before Christmas we went to "Santa's Ranch" which is this amazing display of lights that you pay to drive through.  Pretty impressive!



1 comment:

  1. I love J's polka-dot jammies! I've been terrible about checking blogs but I suddenly remembered yours today so I'm going to try to check-in more diligently :)

    ReplyDelete