Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve

We had such a great day I don't even have any pictures to show for it!...I was just too busy enjoying myself to remember to take pictures.  I think Micah has a few, so I will try to track some down to post.  But for now I will just give you 1,000 words since I don't have a picture ;)

We woke-up New Year's Eve morning and hit the road to Austin.  Micah's "cousins" Mala and Giri (form Dallas) and Pooja and Josh (from New York) were there for the holiday so we spent the day with them.  They are just really fun people to be around and I always enjoy my time with them.  Not to mention Juliet LOVES them!  I don't know what it is but they just seem to relate to Juliet so well and always give her lots of attention. 

After our day in Austin we headed home for a late nap-time for Juliet, which she spent laying awake in her bed.  Super.  Around 6pm we headed to the house of some friends from church for a NYE party!  There were only three of us families in attendance and we all have two year-old girls.  We grilled out hamburgers and then roasted marshmallows and ate s'mores.  Being with those two families that are in our same stage of life was just fun and enjoyable!  Then, around 10pm the three of us headed over to welcome in the new year with the Hispanic Community Group from our church.  They were playing some games when we arrived, and then we had a time of sharing reflections of 2013 and hopes for 2014.  We had a time of prayer for the New Year and then ate our 12 grapes (a Mexican tradition!).  It was so good for my soul to be able to speak Spanish!  We made it home just before 1am and all of us were SO tired. 

What a great ending to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment