Saturday, February 4, 2012

Dear Juliet,

You are four and a half months old!  Where has my baby gone??  You have grown and changed SO much since you were born you don't even seem like a baby to me anymore...you seem like a little girl with so much spunk and personality.  I am so thankful I am able to stay home with you, and while some days seem to last longer than others, I'm so thankful to have this precious time with you. 

You still are not a great sleeper, but you are making progress!  You are starting to sleep better at night and sleep much less during the day.  You seem to be happy to be out and about and if you are at all tired you fall right to sleep anytime you are in the car.

I want you to know that I am your absolute most favorite person.  I can say that without hesitation, because it is true.  And I LOVE it!  You are most content to be held by me and I can make you smile when others cannot. :)  I'm sure your love for me has something to do with the fact that I am your source of food, but regardless of your reasoning, I'll take it! 

You are not a mellow child. You love to be thrown in the air and turned up-side-down.  You are ticklish under your arms and your giggle could melt anyone's heart.  At this point, when you are held by strangers you go from blank stare, to the cutest frown, to all out crying with tears.   But as long as people talk to you while I'm holding you or you are in your car-seat you are glad to give them a smile. 

You are just now starting sit-up on your own, but you have yet to roll-over.   Your finger nails grow super fast, just like mine!, which will be nice when you are older but you don't particularly love to patiently sit still while I cut them like every other day!

You love to look around and will look toward any sound you hear just to see what is going on.  Anytime you hear a new voice enter a room you stop what you are doing and look for them.  You are not so great at entertaining yourself, but I can't blame you...I like being around other people too!

So, I hate to tell you this but you are called many different things in our house.  None of them were planned, the have just evolved.  They include but are not limited to: Juliet, Julietty, Etty, Pookie, Chunkster, Crankster, Chunkymonkey, Babygirl,....and the list could go on.  I promise, though, that we always introduce you as Juliet!

Part of me is ready for the next phase of your life, as in the walking/talking/more active phase, but part of me is so sad that you are growing like a weed.  You really are a precious little girl that we love so much!  You make us laugh so much with your funny faces and particularity.  Each morning during devotions we let you lay naked on the bed and you get all excited and do your reverse push-ups.  You LOVE to be naked!....so very hippy of you, you little Ashevillian!

Well these first four months have not been easy, in fact harder than I ever thought they would be, but you truly are a joy!

Love you so much!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment