Sunday, July 15, 2012

Baptism

Juliet Isabel was baptized today by Joe Mullen and Duane Davis.  She would not let Joe hold her for the actual baptism, but other than that we had no tears! :)  It was a special day for me to be able to make a public promise to raise Juliet up knowing that there is a personal God who loves her deeply and has a mighty plan for her life.




We also sand the song "Rejoice in the Lord" by Ron Hamilton this morning in the service, and while it had nothing to do with the baptism, I felt like the words were truly appropriate for my own personal story in becoming Juliet's mom and therefore Juliet's story as well.  I'll leave you with the lyrics...

God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant and molding a man.
Give thanks to the LORD though your testing seems long;
In darkness He giveth a song.



Chorus:
O Rejoice in the LORD
He makes no mistake,
He knows the end of each path that I take,
For when I am tried
And purified,
I shall come forth as gold.


I could not see through the shadows ahead;
So I looked at the cross of my Savior instead.
I bowed to the will of the Master that day;
Then peace came and tears fled away.


Chorus

Now I can see testing comes from above;
God strengthens His children and purges in love.
My Father knows best, and I trust in His care;
Through purging more fruit I will bear.


My prayer is that Juliet will be filled with a joy that only comes from the contentment and peace of knowing that God is in control of all of her circumstances; may she always rejoice in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment