Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thankful

I am thankful for family.

When we think of what we are thankful for family is one of those things that everyone is quick to list, and for good reason.  Most of our families have given us a lot, sacrificed for us, loved us when we didn't deserve it, and have simply experienced a lot with us so they are always on the forefront of our mind when we reflect on our lives.

Well, like so many I am thankful for my family.  Like really, really thankful.  I am thankful that I even have a family that is part of my life.  I know many people are estranged from one or more parent or simply don't have good relationships with their siblings.  And I think about the millions of orphans with no family at all.  I can't even imagine that challenge in life because I have been blessed with immediate family, extended family, and now in-laws that are loving, kind, caring, God fearing, forgiving, and supportive to me.

I am also thankful for my family in Christ.  They have given and given of themselves to me many times over through time, money, loaned furniture, birthday parties, phone calls, meals, prayer, words of encouragement, forgiveness,.... 

So I am very thankful for all parts of my family and how I have been cared for and not abandoned through the good and bad in this journey of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment