Thursday, November 21, 2013

Visit from North Carolina and a half-marathon!

Last weekend my dad and my grandmother flew down to big-ole-Texas for a visit.  We were soooo elated!!!!!!  Juliet was on cloud nine the whole time.  She insisted that "Granddaddy" and "Grandma-Helen" do everything for and with her.  I was completely disregarded...and I didn't mind it ;)  When Juliet woke-up the morning after they left she started crying for her Grandma-Helen.

Anyway, the trip was short but we hit a few San Antonio high points: dinner on the River Walk, Texas BBQ, the Mexican Mercado, the Alamo, and a night in to relax!  It was wonderful.  I know that they had a great time visiting TX, but I truly was the blessed one because I really really had a great time having them here.  It was good for my soul to have a little "old normal" in my "new normal". 

The inspiration for the trip was the San Antonio Rock 'n' Roll half-marathon.  My dad, Micah, and I ran.  We were all a little under-trained but it was nice (in hindsight, of course) to get out and go for a run downtown.

Come back and visit again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment