Monday, July 18, 2011

23

So far, so good.

This morning I woke-up EARLY because I had to be back in Boone around 9am.  I opened presents with my mom this morning, and my dad watched.  (pictures to come)

I was in class for the first time EVER IN MY LIFE on my Birthday :( ...but, my classmates surprised me with a cake and a group gift during our first class; and they sang "Happy Birthday" to me in Spanish.

Then, during lunch, the program director brought in another cake for me.  The Chinese students who are here studying how to teach English eat lunch with us, so they sang to me in English and participated in the festivities.
I am on sugar overload.  I have had WAY too much cake!

My afternoon teacher (whose birthday was actually on Saturday) asked if I had any plans for the evening.  I told him I would be reading and writing for his class and that it was my first time ever to be in class on my birthday.  He said I could leave class if I wanted to since it was my birthday.  I told him I really did want to leave class, but I knew I should stay because his class is too hard. ...I think he and I have come to have a good relationship and understanding of one another :)

I have also received many phone calls, text messages, and facebook messages that have all made me feel so special and remembered.

I am THANKFUL for such a special birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment