Monday, August 1, 2011

JOY

Dear BG,

I once heard about some women who pick a quality or characteristic that they pray for their child while they are pregnant and as the child grows up.  The characteristic that I really want for you is that you are "joyful".  I hope that you are one of those people who just radiates joy and contentment in all situations which makes people just want to be around you.  I pray that your constant joy comes from knowing that God has a plan for you, is using all things for your good, and knowing that He is your rock and you are secure no matter the circumstances.

These are some of the versus that I pray for you now:

Romans 12:12
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Job 8:21
"He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy."

Galatians 5:22, 23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." 

Romans 15:13
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Psalm 16:11
"You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

James 1: 2-3
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance."

Psalm 28:7
"The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him."

Habakkuk 3: 17-19
"Though the fig tree does not bud, and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails, and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen, and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights."

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment