Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Overwhelmed

I am tired and feel so overwhelmed and I think mainly because I cannot seem to figure out Juliet's sleeping schedule.  She still does not sleep at night.  She usually sleeps a two or three hour stretch from her last feeding before bed till about midnight.  She then wakes up, eats, and remains awake until about 4 or 5 am.  I would not even care if she was awake at night, but she is not content to just sit by herself, or even just be held by me, she must be rocked or walked to be content.  This is so frustrating at night when I'm exhausted and she is just not happy without permanent motion. I have tried EVERYTHING that everyone has recommended and she is just not changing.  It seems I will have to let her grow out of it.

A friend of my mom's sent me a sweet note with a little devotional in it that my mom re-read to me this morning.  It says:  

Are you encompassed with needs at this very moments, and almost overwhelmed with difficulties, trials, and emergencies? These are all divinely provided vessels for the Holy Spirit to fill, and if you but rightly understood their meaning, they would become opportunities for receiving new blessings and deliverance which you can get in no other way.


Bring these vessels to God.  Hold them steadily before Him in faith and prayer.  Keep still, and stop your own restless working until He begins to work. Do nothing that He does not Himself command you to do.  Give Him a chance to work, and He will surely do so; and the very trials that threatened to overcome you with discouragement and disaster, will become God's opportunity for the revelation of His grace and glory in your life, as you have never know Him before.  

"My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

This is a good reminder to be thankful in my "challenges" (whether it is in the middle of the night or something more significant) because the Lord is as work, and to stop being so focused on myself and to remember that it all has a good purpose.

1 comment:

  1. I remember walking around the house holding Will in my arms and singing to him. I joked it was my exercise because I probably walked miles in my kitchen lol. She'll outgrow it--I promise!

    ReplyDelete