Thursday, September 1, 2011

37 and 38 week OBGYN appointments AND update

Both appointments have gone about the same....

-I am still 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced (same way for 2 weeks now)
-I have only gained like 1 or 2 lbs
-in my 38 week apt the doctor I was suppose to see had to go and deliver a baby at the hospital so I ended up waiting in the examination room for a while for another doctor to come and see me.  I fell asleep on the table in my cute pink "gown" none the less.  (...they should not have made me wait so long!! haha)

Running and sleeping have become two not very successful endeavors.  Since last Friday I have not slept well, nor felt good running.  I'm still able to maintain a 30/40 minute jog, but it's starting to turn into a jog SO slow I should probably just walk; however, I refuse to give in!  I'm guessing since I'm 10 days away from my due date this is not just a "phase" and it won't get better until after BG is born.  I still look forward to my runs simply because I feel so "accomplished" and "healthy" afterward.

Last Friday my mom and I went on the "Labor and Delivery" tour at the hospital.  It was very informative and now I have a better idea of what to expect (referring to services offered, what the nurses will do, etc) on the big day.  It left me a little scared because she reminded us of all the crazy/hard things that we will be going through!..but I'm really glad I went.

This week my mom and I met with our good friend Adrienne, who also is a nurse at Grace OBGYN, and she use to teach Lamaze classes.  She gave me a crash course Birthing Class. It was very helpful, to the point, and all in about two hours!...That is my kind of class!

In the Sullivan household we are all praying BG comes on the 10th (because we can totally have a say, right?).  My mom doesn't teach on weekends, my dad has several business trips before and after the 10th, and I just think 9-10-11 would be a cool birthday!  We shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment