Thursday, September 22, 2011

First Few Days

Juliet and I are home now, and I really miss the hospital! haha :)  We had lots of visitors in the hospital and several more during our first day home.  Juliet currently sleeps great during the day and not so great at night (I'm sure this is true for many newborns!).  We never could get her to "latch on" and nurse well so until my appointment with the lactation consultant in the hospital tomorrow, I am having to pump every 3 hours and then feed Juliet with what I pump through a tube and syringe while she sucks my finger.  This way she is drinking my milk and also she is not getting use to a bottle so that she will eventually nurse regularly.  By the time I pump (about a 40 minute endeavor) and then feed her (about 30 minutes) I have about 45 minutes to sleep (assuming she lets me) before I have to start the whole process over again.  This scheduling with the extra feeding/pumping makes it hard to do anything besides baby.   She is as sweet as can be and can be so alert sometimes.  We love her and we definitely look forward to much more sleeping in the future!
 First bath shortly after she was born.  She had so much hair they had to wash it out in the sink...the sponge was not cutting it!

 Caroline took off a day of work to come and sit with Juliet in the hospital so I could sleep. And we LOVE LOVE her for it!
One day old "measurements"
 
First time home!
 
 Reading with grandma before bed
 Swing (aka: Lifesaver!) ...thank you Taylor Bell!
 Three-day old "measurement"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment