Saturday, September 17, 2011

Asheville Citizen-Times 5K

This morning was the annual Asheville Citizen-Times Half Marathon and 5K.  This was my first ever half-marathon (and road race for that matter) two years ago.  Well, this year it was my friend Caroline's first ever half-marathon and I had planned to be there to cheer her on with BG in her cute jogging stroller.  Well.... we all know that was not possible (the stroller part), so since I was going to be at the race cheering anyway I decided to just do the 5K to set my new 41-week pregnant record (ha!).  I'm so glad I did!  It was a nice cool morning and I finished in just over 38 minutes and running the whole thing (only about 30 seconds slower than my 5K race in July!).  I have however been paying all day for the run, with a very sore body (mostly my pelvis...as in it takes me a minute to get walking once I'm up).  The extra weigh really bothers my body when I run on pavement, and therefore have mostly been running on parkway trails for the past month.  Oh well, it was worth it for one more good run!  My friends Hannah and Tracy registered last minute so that I didn't have to run by myself ...they were concerned for my safety. :)
Pre-Race and then Post-Race with Hannah and Tracy
Post-Race with half-marathoner Caroline!

No comments:

Post a Comment