Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Abraham and Sarah

I went to the OBGYN yesterday for my 40 week (and 1 day) appointment.  :((((  I was not suppose to have to go to that appointment, but well, you know...   Anyway, no real change physically.  I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced.  The doctor said I was "ripe" (haha) and could have the baby anytime, but if not the doctor scheduled me for an induction on Monday.  Assuming I don't have the baby naturally before Monday (when I will be 41 weeks) and assuming that everything goes well at my appointment on Friday (ultrasound to measure the baby's weight to make sure she is not too big, stress test to make sure the baby is not "stressing" because she is overdue, and fluid test to make sure I don't have too much amniotic fluid because I am overdue) then I will be induced on Monday, September 19th.  If some of the test have "negative" results they could induce me earlier.   After my appointment I cried and cried because I feel like having to be induced means my body can not handle being pregnant on it's own and I need medical help.  I still kind of feel that way and really don't want to be induced.

We still really want BG to come in the next 24 hours so that she can meet my dad before he has to travel to the West Coast for 2 weeks, leaving Friday morning.  I also, would like to have a natural labor and not be induced whether it is in the next 24 hours, or just by Monday.  So, tonight, my mom and I tried everything!  We went and ate spicy Mexican food for dinner, I walked with a friend, and then my mom and I went to Wal-Mart and bought Cod-Liver Oil to drink with Orange Juice, and then Raspberry tea to drink.  My mom said she felt like Abraham and Sarah in the Bible trying to take matters into our own hands with the baby situation.  :)  Now my stomach hurts from drinking so much stuff and eating so much salsa.  We'll know soon if anything worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment