Monday, August 1, 2011

34 Week OBGYN Appointment

I had my third OBGYN appointment today.

-I've gained 9 lbs in a month (I'm going to blame this on buffet style meals in Boone and sitting in class all day for three weeks!!)
-the doctor is not at all concerned with my weight gain, he said that because I was smaller prior to being pregnant (what a nice thing to say!!!) I was fine to gain more
-I've now gained a total of 31 lbs during this pregnancy (no wonder I run slow!)
-BG's heart beat sounded great
-this particular doctor did not think I should run so much...he said the doctor I talked to at my last appointment is a marathon runner and therefore is more lenient
-doctor said my ankles looked a little swollen...but I had not really noticed it previously 

Over all the appointment was pretty uneventful!  My dad called this evening (he's in Chattanooga) to see how the appointment went.  I told him it basically came down to the fact that I was getting fat.  He said "you had to go to the doctor to find that out!".  ...that will be funny next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment