Monday, August 1, 2011

Dad's Hip Replacement

Dad had his hip replaced.  About a week and a half after his surgery he went with me to run on the Parkway.  I was "jogging", all 30 extra pounds and me, and my dad was "walking" with a cane.  I bet we looked strange!

This is dad talking to mom on the phone a few hours after surgery.  I was reading and after not hearing my dad respond for a while I looked up and realized it was not because my mom was talking a lot...he was sleeping.  So, was it the medicine?????...I'll let you decide.  (Just kidding, mom! It was totally the medicine!)

Dad's assumed position during the first few days of recovery was on the couch.

His tennis buddies left him treats and beer at our house the morning of his surgery.  How thoughtful!
 

This past weekend was Bele Chere and dad walked around for 2 plus hours without his cane...just three weeks after his surgery.  He did push a friend's baby stroller for a short time, but I would say he is progressing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment