Monday, August 29, 2011

Favorites

One of my favorite verses right now is Psalm 62:8

"Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us." 

This verse is a reminder to me that God wants to be in communion with me and wants to hear about the joys, struggles, and sorrows of my daily life...He wants to hear about whatever is on my heart.  No matter how big or small something seems I can pour out my heart before Him, trust Him, and He will be my refuge. 


One of my favorite songs right now is "I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say"

I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto Me and rest;
Lay down, thou weary one, lay down Thy head upon My breast.”
I came to Jesus as I was, weary and worn and sad;
I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.


I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely give
The living water; thirsty one, stoop down, and drink, and live.”
I came to Jesus, and I drank of that life giving stream;
My thirst was quenched, my soul revived, and now I live in Him.


I heard the voice of Jesus say, “I am this dark world’s Light;
Look unto Me, thy morn shall rise, and all thy day be bright.”
I looked to Jesus, and I found in Him my Star, my Sun;
And in that light of life I’ll walk, till traveling days are done.


I have been listening to my RUF cd from Mexico in my car lately and this has become one of my favorites.  The version I listen to is slightly different, because it is in Spanish, but I just love the lyrics and the way that Jesus invites us to come to Him as we are, to rest, to trust, and to be revived.  

No comments:

Post a Comment