Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Mother

I have the best mother in the world.

She has been overly supportive, loving, involved, kind, and encouraging through this new stage of my life.
She prays for me and with me daily (as has for as long as I can remember).
She secretly moves things around in my room that she finds to be more fitting...sometimes I notice, sometimes I don't!
She happily and willingly serves my dad and me daily by making meals, doing laundry, and cleaning the house.
She gives of her time to so many with visits, phone calls, cards, meals, and prayer.
She has been involved with "all things baby", including registering at Babies R US, going to an ultrasound and my doctor in Mexico, and going to my first (4 hour) OB appointment. 
She is the queen of productivity and multitasking.
She freely gives me her opinion on just about anything, with the best of intentions, even when it's not asked for! haha
She gave up her vacation to come and visit and encourage me in Mexico, and has also visited me everywhere else I've lived.
She and I have ridiculous "can't catch your breath" laughing fits about the silliest things.
She constantly demonstrates having a daily relationship with God and trusting in His sovereignty and plan. 
She is so strong and positive and is not easily affected, phased, or surprised by challenges or difficult circumstances (I did not inherit this...I cry all the time!)


She is the best mother and will be the best grandmother (even though she totally does not look old enough)!

1 comment:

  1. I love her too for so many of those reasons. I just was the recipient of one of her encouraging cards (from the whole T2) group today.

    ReplyDelete