Saturday, June 11, 2011

Swim, Bike, Run....Enka Lake Triathlon

This year for various reasons none of us could do the triathlon by ourselves, so we did a relay.  Dad did the swim, Dave Fraser did the bike, and I did the run.  The swim was 750 meters, the bike was 17.5 miles, and the run was 3.1 miles.  Over all it took us about 2 hours (23 minute swim, 1 hour 13 minute bike, 33 minute run).
 Dave, me, and Dad pre-race
 Me and the other pregnant competitor. I am 26.5 weeks and she is 35 weeks!
 Dad about to start the swim
 Dad swimming
Dad coming finishing his swim (and below is a video of his run to the Transition Area where Dave was waiting to bike
 Dave starting the bike
 Dave biking
 Me taking the timing chip from Dave in the Transition Area
 Me starting the run... final leg!

 If you look really closely in the above and below pictures you can find me running on the other side of the lake really far away

 Coming into the finish

 Mom is always our biggest supporter
Stuffing my face!  I really just race for the free Apollo Flame meal afterword :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! 3.1 is no small task being almost 27 weeks pregnant! I am impressed!

    ReplyDelete