Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Seeing the Stars

 "When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars." -Ralph Waldo Emerson-

This quote describes my life these days.  I feel like the last six months of my life have been the darkest months of my life...but I sure have seen a lot of stars.   

There are moments when I don't feel like I can see any stars at all; and then there are moments when I am overwhelmed by the amount of stars I see.  I know that God uses our suffering to remind us of our darkness; our human nature is pure darkness.  However, it is in our dark moments that He lets His stars shine the brightest...through the body of Christ, encouraging notes, undeserved gifts, prayers, walks, lunch dates, phone calls, hugs, baby showers, shared excitement, grace, joy, and peace. 


The darkness is hard, and brings loneliness, tears, guilt, fear, and sadness....but the stars, well, the few I've seen thus far, sure are worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing a bit of your heart. Glad to know how to pray. Glad God is giving you some stars too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your thoughts. You are an encouragement to me Lara!

    ReplyDelete